Name: __________________ Class: _______
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. 1 Peter 3.15
Helps For Writing Your Testimony
- "How did I become a Christian? At baptism? A friend told me about Jesus?
- How has God continued to work in my life? Through my parents teaching me? School? Church? Sunday School?
- Who has God used to help me grow as a Christian? Grandparents? Other relatives? Friends?
- How will God help me in the future?
- What special experience(s) helped bring me closer to God?
- What is my favorite part or story in the Bible and how does it encourage me?
- What is a favorite Bible verse and why does it encourage me?
- What do I especially admire about Jesus? How am I serving Him now and in the future?
- How will God help me to live a holy and faithful life in the future?
- What kind of commitments does Jesus want you to make for the future? Will you continue to hear His word in personal Bible reading? Worship? Bible Class? Obedience to His commandments?
- How will God use me as a witness to others by my actions and/or by my telling others about Jesus?
- How might God guide me in my future vocational plans? Christian marriage? Christian family?
- How would you explain the Christian Gospel to a nonbeliever?
1. First identify at least seven specific things you could include in your testimony. (Example: The day of my baptism – April 10, 1990… My sponsors – Uncle John and Aunt Mildred… The time I was in the hospital for an operation and I prayed for God’s help… Favorite story – Jesus walking on the water, He will get me through the storms of life…)
2. First Draft – Write or type in good English sentences. Spell words correctly. Etc.
3. Second Draft – Make corrections and fine tune.
|Back to Education Index|